AMETEK Magnetrol has introduced the new Pulsar Model R80 - 80 GHz radar level transmitter for the industrial market
FMCW technology and an 80 GHz operating frequency allow for superior performance, smaller antennas, better accuracy, and enhanced resolution. Additionally, Magnetrol’s configuration wizards and proactive diagnostics make commissioning and troubleshooting easier than ever. As is typical with Magnetrol loop-powered devices, the transmitter housing may be separated from the antenna without disrupting the process seal.
The Model R80 is minimally affected by turbulence, foam, or excessive vapours as is often the case with ultrasonic transmitters and some radar products. The smaller antennas and narrower beam angles allow it to be installed into vessels with smaller process connections and those with internal obstructions that must be avoided.
• 80 GHz signal with beam angles as narrow as four degrees
• Process connections down to ¾ inch NPT
• Measuring range of 30 m (100 feet)
• Software wizards to walk a new user through the commissioning process
• Proactive diagnostics to not only advise what the problem is but also offers troubleshooting tips
• Replaceable transmitter head without breaking the process seal (i.e., pressure boundary)
• SIL 2 compliant with 92.3% SFF
• Global hazardous location approvals
• FCC, ETSI, and ISED communications approvals for use on both indoor and outdoor vessels.
For more information, visit radar.magnetrol.com.