twitter Facebook linkedin acp RSS Feed

Snam acquired 49.9% of the equity interest directly and indirectly held by Eni in the companies operating two groups of international gas pipelines connecting Algeria to Italy 

AdobeStock 264425564The ownership interests were transferred by Eni to SeaCorridor Srl, of which Snam has acquired 49.9%. (Image SOurce: Adobe Stock)

More specifically, the scope of the transaction includes the onshore gas pipelines running from the Algeria and Tunisia borders to the Tunisian coast (TTPC), and the offshore gas pipelines connecting the Tunisian coast to Italy (TMPC).

These ownership interests were transferred by Eni to a new company (SeaCorridor Srl), of which Snam has acquired 49.9% of the share capital, while the remaining 50.1% continues to be held by Eni. Eni and Snam will exercise joint control of SeaCorridor under joint governance arrangements.

The transaction leverages Eni’s and Snam’s respective areas of expertise in gas transport on a strategic route for the security of Italy’s natural gas supply, enabling potential development initiatives within the hydrogen value chain, also thanks to the natural resources North Africa has to offer. The North Africa-Europe link is a key element of progressive decarbonisation at the international level in support of the energy transition. 

The transaction has obtained the authorisations envisaged under antitrust legislation and so-called golden power legislation, consent from the Tunisian government as well as the approval of the shareholders and corporate bodies of the various target companies.