Oil Review Africa weekly digest - 9th - 13th October

pixabay jp26jp for ORA 307Here is a brief overview of the week’s news on Oil Review Africa, from 9th - 13th October 2017 

Tullow Oil acquires 90 per cent stake in four onshore blocks, Côte d’Ivoire 

Tullow Oil plc has announced that it has acquired 90 per cent stakes in four onshore blocks in Côte d’Ivoire, while Petroci, the national oil company of Côte d’Ivoire, holds the remaining 10 per cent. Click here to read the full story

SDX announce gas discovery at KSR-14 development well in Morocco 

Further to the spud announcement on 18 September 2017, SDX Energy Inc., the North Africa focused oil and gas company, has announced that a gas discovery has been made at its KSR-14 development well on the Sebou permit in Morocco, of which SDX has a 75 per cent working interest. Click here to read the full story

East Africa oil and gas operations could benefit from Scottish expertise

Norwell Engineering, an Aberdeen-based oil and gas drilling company, is looking into rolling out its online training programme to the emerging markets in East Africa. Click here to read the full story.

Women in Energy Conference returns as part of ADIPEC 2017 

Advancing career opportunities will be on display for science, technology, and engineering female graduates. Click here to read the full story

Airswift opens Mauritania’s first global energy workforce solutions office 

Hubs in Nouakchott and Kampala bring Airswift’s total number of African offices to eight. Click here to read the full story.  

Oranto Petroleum signs exploration agreements for two licenses in Uganda’s Lake Albert 

The production sharing agreements (PSA) comprises a first exploration period of two years followed by a second exploration period for a maximum of two years for both licenses. Click here to read the full story.  

Eni sells 30 per cent stake in the Shorouk concession, offshore Egypt, to Rosneft 

Eni has finalised the sale of a 30 per cent stake in the Shorouk concession, where the Zohr gas field is located, to Rosneft. Click here to read the full story

Sonangol releases statement on oil investment and operations after meeting President Lourenço 

Sonangol and several oil operators, have met with João Lourenço, president of Angola, and released a joint statement identifying concerns in regard to the development of the oil sector. Click here to read the full story

Simba Essel Energy and Essel Group Middle East sign contract to commence FTG survey In Liberia 

Simba Essel Energy Inc has advised that its partner Essel Group Middle East has signed an agreement with Bell Geospace to conduct a comprehensive airborne FTG (Full Tensor Gravity Gradiometry) survey across Simba’s exploration block in Liberia. Click here to read the full story

Oil price drop impacts across central African economies: ECA 

The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) has released a video about how central African economies can move forward, particularly in the context of a low oil price environment. Click here to read the full story

Total sign study agreement for offshore areas of Guinea 

Total and the National Office of Petroleum of Guinea (ONAP) signed a Technical Evaluation Agreement to study deep and ultra-deep offshore areas located off the coast of Guinea Conakry, covering approximately 55,000 sq km. Click here to read the full story

Glencore to acquire Chevron's assets in South Africa and Botswana 

In a deal worth nearly US$1bn, Glencore has entered into an agreement with Off The Shelf Investments Fifty Six (RF) Proprietary Limited (OTS) to acquire from OTS a 75 per cent stake in Chevron South Africa Proprietary Limited and certain related interests and  the entire issued share capital of Chevron Botswana Proprietary Limited, following closing of OTS’s exercise of its pre-emptive right to acquire the Assets from the Chevron group, coming days after securing a larger stake in Latin America's top zinc miner. Click here to read the full story

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?