Eni wins two exploration blocks offshore Côte d'Ivoire

47557017082 1a0b998ea3 zOil and gas company Eni has signed contracts for two new exploration blocks in the eastern part of the sedimentary basin offshore Côte d’Ivoire

The blocks, part of the 20 blocks available at the end of 2018, are located about 30 km from the coastline and cover a total area of about 911 sq km.

Block CI-501 (512 sq km) is located 80 km south-west of the capital Abidjan between 100 and 2,400 m of water depth, while block CI-504 (399 sq km) is about 60 km south-west of the capital and between 1,000 and 2,350 m of water depth.

Eni said it will operate both blocks with a 90 per cent stake, while the remaining 10 per cent will be held by the state company Petroci. The two blocks are adjacent to the north of Block CI-205, already operated by Eni.

The oil company noted that due to their geological continuity, the blocks will be studied in synergy, using Eni’s proprietary technologies, with cost optimisation and facilitating time-to-market in case of petroleum discovery and commercial development.

Eni has been active in Côte d’Ivoire since 2015, by acquiring 30 per cent of the exploration block CI-100. The company currently holds five deepwater blocks, four of which are operated through its subsidiary Eni Côte d’Ivoire Limited.

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?