ExxonMobil acquires deepwater acreage offshore Mauritania

Mauritania OilExxonMobil to begin exploration activities, including acquisition of seismic data and analysis in the blocks. (Image source: moritzh/Flickr)ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Mauritania Deepwater Ltd, a wholly owned affiliate of ExxonMobil, has signed production sharing contracts with the government of Mauritania for three deepwater offshore blocks

“These blocks further enhance ExxonMobil’s leading global deepwater acreage position,” said Steve Greenlee, president of ExxonMobil Exploration Company.

Blocks C22, C17 and C14 are located an average of 200km offshore Mauritania. Together they measure about 8.4mn acres in water depths ranging from 1,000m to more than 3,500m.

ExxonMobil said that after receiving the government approval of the contracts, the company will begin exploration activities, including acquisition of seismic data and analysis.

In addition, the company will further carry out the work programme as operator with 90 per cent interest, with Societe Mauritanienne des Hydrocarbures et de Patrimoine Minier holding the rest 10 per cent interest.

ExxonMobil is one of the largest publicly traded international energy companies, which aims to use technology to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. The company is also one of the largest refiners and marketers of petroleum products across the world.

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?